This blog is just a thank you to the readers of the stmaartennews blogs, closed to one million hit with over 400 blog subscribers, and over 1000 networked blog subscribers, and of course the facebook fanpages and groups that bring in over 1.2 million different “friends” and “friends connection.
Tough year for me, even tougher year for government. The question would be, what has really changed since last year? Is the government more stable? Have we gotten the old issues resolved? When will we stop hearing of government officials being arrested?
I have started a new video series called: Know Your Sint Maarten Government.
Video 1 which is a basic overview of our government from 2007, to 2010 when we gain New Country status, to the fall of the government in 2012, the sand scandal of nov 2012, and hiro shigemotos arrest and the parliamentarian hearings of dec 2012.
Because I work without a budget, the videos are easy to make, but the uploading is what takes time.
I really feel that since the change of the government in 2012, most people in Sint Maarten have no idea what’s going on, and most don’t know which representatives to talk to.
The government seems to want to enable the fact that people are clueless about what’s going on. I have one video completed, and I have six more in the series.
(COMPLETED) 1) VIDEO 1: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SINT MAARTEN GOVERNMENT
2) VIDEO 2: THEO HEYLIGER to KID CHARLEMAGNE……this video documents Theo’s rise through his grandfather’s power, and last name to his current position as leader of the UP
3) VIDEO 3: THE DOWNFALL OF MARIA “MARIETJE” BUNCAMPER, behind the scenes of the DP’s takedown of Marietje Buncamper
4) VIDEO 4: THE THREE AMIGOES: PATRICK ILLIDGE, ROMAIN LAVILLE AND FRANS RICHARDSON…explains the “independents” in government, who control them, and who they control. The double dealing, alleged negotions, and the part they played in the rise and fall of Theo Heyliger’s government.
5)VIDEO 5: SARAH WESCOT WILLIAMS: “HIGH EMPRESS ZUMBA!” As Sint Maarten goes through economic contractions, issues of landfilling, destruction of the environment and historical monuments, First Prime Minister of St Maarten Sarah Wescot Williams dances on.
6) VIDEO 6: THE RISE AND THE FALL OF THE SINT MAARTEN DEMOCRATIC PARTY: FIFTY YEARS OF INDENTURED SERVITUDE
7) VIDEO 7: SINT MAARTEN’S POLITICAL FUTURE, which will chronicle the rise of new parties, organizations and the rise of the online anti-government movement.
ALL VIDEOS WILL BE POSTED TO THIS BLOG, AND ON YOUTUBE AT:
Hope you enjoy,
working on posting ALL videos in the series for the new years.